About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
The Product Engineering team truly works across the entire tech stack to provide the best experience for internal and external clients. They work collaboratively across our engineering organization to ensure that design and functionality is top of mind. Our engineers have an all-in approach where the goal of the company outweighs the ego of individual self. The team consists of passionate and highly collaborative engineers, designers, product managers and other stakeholders as we build new Product and expand into new markets. The team looks to skillfully architect and design new automation and frameworks advocating on behalf of our customers and ensuing a premium experience on their behalf.
- Gain hands-on experience in how the US equity systems function.
- Be deeply involved in setting the technical direction of the team and supporting them to achieve technical excellence.
- Help mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
- Take pride in helping your team in delivering great products; prioritizing usability and clarity while designing and implementing services and APIs, all at scale.
- You have 5+ years of experience delivering products where you led the design and implementation from the ground up (we implement our code in Golang (Go), but you may be more experienced in Java, Python, or C#).
- You have broad knowledge of data modeling using relational SQL. [experience in columnar databases is a plus].
- You enjoy learning and exploring new frameworks, component libraries, and tools. You invest in yourself and you find joy in sharing your learnings with others.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Have experience in a hypergrowth environment.
- Have hands on fintech experience.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.