About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
Our Infrastructure Engineering team builds the foundational layer that all our technology rests on. They work collaboratively across our engineering organization to ensure our systems can deliver as both our business and engineering teams scale. They are systems engineers solving the challenges of inflection points. Our engineers are the last line of defense - they ensure resiliency, reliability and stability of our systems. Our team of passionate engineers tirelessly focuses on delivering a world class engineering experience to all our teams. They work collaboratively with leaders and teams on tooling that lets our engineers fly.
- Work with engineering leaders across the organization to create the vision for Clear Street's Infrastructure
- Define and drive the team's roadmap, setting priorities for your team
- Be deeply involved in setting the technical direction of the team and supporting them to achieve technical excellence
- Lead the team to effectively interface with and support the productivity of all our engineering teams
- Partner with our recruiting team and help recruit great engineers
- Mentor and nurture the growth of engineers on the team
- You've managed teams of engineers that have shipped and operated mission critical infrastructure.
- You've led teams that have successfully faced challenges as systems and teams go through inflection points in growth.
- You're an excited learner. The inner workings of the systems that underpin the capital markets fascinate and inspire you to dig into the details.
- You excelled as an engineer, but found your calling building and leading high performing teams. You successfully made this change at least a couple of years ago.
- You thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You both challenge and support your team to achieve ambitious goals.
- You have a passion for infrastructure - defined by your deep knowledge of cloud architectures, Kubernetes best practices, and more.
- If you have experience in a hypergrowth environment.
- For your hands on fintech experience.
- If you significantly improved system telemetry and observability.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.