About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Senior Distributed Systems Engineer, you will work directly with a team of passionate and highly collaborative engineers as they build our Platform. You will skillfully architect and design new features and services - bringing your proven background of handling the complexity inherent in large distributed systems, event driven architectures, and real-time stream processing. You will address complex problems borne of scale while drawing on your experiences designing API functionality that combine speed and consistency. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
- You have 5+ years of experience delivering products where you led the design and implementation of scalable distributed systems from the ground up (we implement our code in Golang (Go), but you may be more experienced in Java or C++).
- You have designed and architected systems that deliver solutions to complex business problems with scalable event driven architectures and real time stream processing to handle massive amounts of data. In doing so Kafka became a close friend.
- You prioritize end user experience and it shows in your APIs design, functionality, and performance.
- You have a strong command over object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
Platform Team Stack: Go, gRPC, Postgres, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.