ClearStory Data is changing the way people explore and gain insight from big data. Data is big in both scale and diversity and as an engineer at ClearStory Data, you’ll be responsible for the infrastructure that provides insight from raw data and handles diverse sources of data seamlessly.
We’re looking for software engineers with at least 5+yrs of experience who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Strong engineer and coder with experience using key languages like JVM-based languages (Java, Scala, Clojure), C++
- Experience with relational database internals, including both query processing and query
- Expert knowledge of key data structures and algorithms e.g., indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation
- Experience with relevant components of the Hadoop stack of technologies (Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Pig, Flume, etc.); knowledge of NoSQL systems is a bonus
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Great team player who wants to change the way people use their data and have a huge impact on a small team
- You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time
- Proud enough of the code they write to send a GitHub link
- Publications and research in databases, information integration or data processing at scale
- Open source contributions to data oriented software projects and components
- Experience with streaming data