ClearStory Data is changing the way people explore and gain insight from big data. Data is big in both scale and diversity and as a DevOps engineer at ClearStory Data, you will play a critical role in developing our cloud strategy, cloud infrastructure and automation frameworks for deploying and managing the ClearStory Data solution.
- Strong computer science education
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Strong engineer and coder with experience using languages like Ruby, Python, Shell scripting, JAVA/Scala
- Proficiency with:
- Public Cloud platforms (IaaS/PaaS) like AWS (Strongly preferred), Rackspace, OpenStack, GCE, etc.
- “NetEng” operations — zoning in public/private clouds
- Configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Monitoring tools like Nagios, Munin, Zenoss, etc.
- Release Engineering tools like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Great team player who has a strong desire to change the way people use their data and have a huge impact on a small team
- Familiarity with Relational stores (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Familiarity with NoSQL stores (Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Kafka, etc.)
- Open source contributions: Send us your Github id!