Clear Story Data is changing the way people explore and analyze data from disparate sources to
gain new insights from big data. We invite you to visit our website to learn more
at www.clearstorydata.com. We are growing very rapidly and now have a ground floor
opportunity for a Senior Customer Support Engineer in our Menlo Park office. Now is the time to
join us and become a key part of our world-class team backed by investors from several premier
venture capital firms.
- Manage highly visible, global and strategic, enterprise cases and ensure 100% customer satisfaction with CSD products and services
- Provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues that have been escalated. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
- Be comfortable making code changes to apply patch and hotfixes to product code (using one or more of Java/Scala/Ruby programming languages)
- Liaise and work closely with the Engineering and Product development teams on escalated technical issues and product roadmap changes/new features.
- Identify, develop and execute training/education gaps or challenges
- Advocate customer’s priorities internally within ClearStory
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customersupport and contribute to the knowledge base. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Desk.com (nice to have) or ZenDesk customer support applications
- Be a leader in the Support group, both on execution and in knowledge sharing
- Take the initiative to create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the developer community
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Mid to senior level experience in Technical Support of an enterprise level application. Previous development experience a plus
- Demonstrated analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills expertise
- Detailed, organized and results oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc…
- Understanding of database concepts and data management (RDBMS) and SQL
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of customers and CSD management
ClearStory Data offers very competitive compensation packages that include complete benefits,
company stock options, 401k plan and many other perks.
For immediate consideration, please forward a confidential resume to