ClearStory Data is changing the way people explore and gain insight from big data. Data is big in both scale and diversity and as an engineer at ClearStory Data, you’ll be responsible for the infrastructure that provides insight from raw data and handles diverse sources of data seamlessly.
- Strong computer science education
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Strong engineer and coder with experience using key languages like JVM-based languages (JAVA, Scala, Clojure), C++, Python
- Experience with relational database internals, including both query processing and query planning, or other data processing infrastructure (like MapReduce) including NoSQL systems
- Expert knowledge of key data structures and algorithms
E.g., indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Great team player who wants to change the way people use their data and have a huge impact on a small team
- Publications and research in databases, information integration or data processing at scale
- Open source contributions to data oriented software projects and components
- Experience with relevant components of the Hadoop stack of technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Pig, Flume, etc.)
- Experience with streaming data
ClearStory Data offers very competitive compensation packages that include complete benefits, company stock options and many other perks. For immediate consideration, you are invited to share a confidential resume to Human Resources.