ClearStory Data is changing the way people explore and analyze data from disparate sources to gain new insights from big data. Backed by investors from several premium venture capital firms, we are growing rapidly and have a growth opportunity for a QA Manager to join the world-class team in our Menlo Park office.
CClearStory’s QA Manager assures that product releases are of the highest quality; that releases scale and perform to required standards; that releases meet required security standards; that the release process runs smoothly and effectively. The QA Manager will act as a peer to engineering and product management in making release decisions, contributing product input, and developing and maintaining product development processes and procedures.
Quality Assurance Manager Job Duties:
- Establish quality and reliability standards by studying product and customer requirements in collaboration with other members of management, devops, engineers, customer support, and sales.
- Build and maintain the QA team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and retaining employees.
- Develop and maintain quality assurance processes that ensure high quality product releases.
- Work with engineering to develop and maintain development and coding processes and practices that optimize the quality of our product releases.
- Develop and drive a comprehensive automated testing strategy aimed at continuously improving the quality of our products and the efficiency with which we operate.
- Work with product management, sales, customer support, and engineering to understand customer needs and product capabilities and prioritize quality issues accordingly.
- Develop and track key metrics for product quality and team performance and drive improvement in those metrics over time.
- Represent the quality assurance organization to the executive team, in product discussions, with customers and sales, and generally be the voice of and advocate for quality throughout the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced quality professional with a passion for quality assurance
- Accomplished recruiter with a history of finding and closing quality candidates
- Experienced leader and manager with a track record of inspiring teams to accomplish great things
- Proven ability to drive test automation and process improvement
- Proven ability to be an effective bearer of the quality standard
- Team player experienced in and with a passion for fast-moving startup culture
- Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science
ClearStory Data offers very competitive compensation packages that include complete benefits, company stock options and many other perks. For immediate consideration, you are invited to share a confidential resume to Human Resources.