Students at ClearMotion work on real projects to help bring our products to life. The Internship Program is designed for collegiate level students who are actively pursuing a relevant degree. We hire from universities around the world and offer work terms of 3 to 4 months
You will develop firmware, software and electrical and mechanical hardware for ClearMotion’s current and next generation of corner controllers, GenShock Activalves, battery management systems, and other advanced products. You will work within the development team to automate testing, implement new tests, and create innovative automated test systems. You will contribute to cross-functional system architecture, software system design, and rapid prototyping.
Your application to the Summer Internship program will be considered for all opportunities across Software, Controls, Power Electronics, and Mechanical teams in Boston, MA.
Required Skills (as applicable to engineering discipline):
- Proficiency in C/C++ and strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Familiarity with MathWorks.
- Experience in mechanical designing and 3D modeling of components and assemblies in CAD, and creating 2D drawings (SolidWorks, CATIA V5).
- Experience designing and developing complex power electronics control systems including brushless DC motor controllers and DC-DC converter topologies.
- Experience designing real-time embedded systems in C.
- Experience with CAN bus systems and associated tools. Familiarity with Vector analysis tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with automotive ECUs, especially those in hybrid and electric powertrains.
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD device programming.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and or mechanical drawings and work efficiently with design resources.
- Capable of hands-on bring up, debug, and code optimization.
- Experience with DSPs, microcontrollers and real-time operating systems.
- Familiarity with thermal control hardware, including compressors, pumps, and thermocouples are a plus.
- Experience implementing real-time control strategies, especially PID based control development is a plus.
- Prior AUTOSAR or other automotive RTOS embedded programming experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in Finite Element Analysis, Applied Solid Mechanics, and Numerical Methods within an automotive product development environment.
- Knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs.
- Understanding of GD&T in design engineering.
- Experience with electro-mechanical builds.
- Experience working with Matlab and data reduction.
- Experience with test apparatus such as dynamometers and flow benches.
- Mechanical wrenching, basic fabrication, machining, wiring, general electronics, debugging, and parts chasing.
- Experience in an automotive setting is a plus.
Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- An interest in engineering and next-generation automotive systems
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- Ability to relocate to the Boston, Massachusetts area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.