ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have a high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs.
We are looking for a vehicle dynamics engineer to join our Vehicle Dynamics and Controls team working directly to support attribute specification and target cascades to the wider business. The role will be based in our Boston Head Office but will require an eagerness to travel throughout the US and, less frequently, the rest of the world. The role will require periodic location in our Michigan and UK proving ground-based offices.
You will be utilizing a mix of test and simulation to understand the component contribution to a wide array of vehicle level attributes and driving forward the effort to realize the elusive goal of making all assessments objective rather than subjective in nature.
A significant part of the role will be to support the Project Strategy and Planning department in its aim to drive target specification of the active suspension.
As a vehicle dynamics engineer, you will support assessment, test and simulation activities on internal and customer vehicles.
Vehicle Dynamics Engineer Essential Functions
- Subjective assessment of vehicle level ride and handling attributes.
- Creation, correlation and use of vehicle dynamics simulation models.
- Vehicle test - including instrumentation, driving, data collection and data processing.
- Creation and support of target cascade documentation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Due to collecting data in a moving vehicle, the employee may experience motion sickness. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, and climbing.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work is expected.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in Automotive or similar engineering environment with focus on evaluating performance and vehicle ride testing.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Have an engineering background in vehicle dynamics
- Master’s Degree Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- An understanding of vehicle chassis and suspensions, dampers and damping mechanisms would be an advantage
- Clean driving record.
- Technical Capacity
- Strong Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Willingness to Learn
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!