Clearmotion is a dynamic company looking to significantly impact the automotive industry by providing a state of the art implementation of active suspension. Its workforce is strongly motivated by delivery and passion for the product.
We are looking for a controls and calibration engineer to join our Vehicle Dynamics and Attributes team at our UK based proving ground and contribute to developing functional controllers that will deliver high quality vehicle dynamics attributes using our innovative active suspension.
You will be participating in solving challenging problems in a complex control system that includes hydraulics, electronics, and mechanical components to control vehicle ride and handling for high-end customer applications.
Tasks will include developing, simulating, testing, and analysing Simulink code both at the component and system level; creating and developing innovative algorithms within our control system; testing, analysing and developing subsystems in the vehicle to deliver appropriate vehicle level attributes and system performance.
As controls engineer, you will develop core algorithms for our “digital ride” control system, adhering to a structured attribute driven approach to modelling.
- Developing next generation algorithms for our electro-hydraulic actuators
- Conceive, simulate, implement, and test novel vehicle dynamics algorithms
- Contribute to strategy/algorithm design reviews with team members in Boston
- Data processing and analysis
- Test and tune control loops - including parameter calibration - at vehicle level
- Calibration and test version control, management and documentation
- Support attribute demonstration events and customer demonstrations and tuning programmes
- Primarily development will occur in MATLAB/Simulink and similar tools
- Maintain full technical and organisational contact between Vehicle Dynamics control development and core Control and Software team in Boston, MA
- Develop code to automotive production level design guidelines and to Autosar compatibility standards
Desired Skills & Experience
Ideally, you should:
- Engineering background in control theory, algorithms, feedback systems
- At least BS or equivalent in mechanical, electrical, software or similar engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience in controls development and/or system testing
- Experience with electromechanical systems
- Test and signal processing experience, HIL
- Strong experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with automotive engineering is a plus
- Team player, passionate, confident, organised, driven
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.