ClearMotion is shaping the future of user experience in autos, and we are looking for a passionate manager to lead our strategic partnership efforts. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of forging partnerships which improve product value and decrease time-to-market of automotive or high-technology hardware and software.
ClearMotion’s vision is to improve the quality of time in cars. We make a breakthrough road-sensing software and hardware product that interprets and responds to road surface conditions, improving comfort, performance, and safety. Our venture-backed company has raised over $160M and is working with the world’s top automakers, Tier-1 suppliers, and autonomous car integrators to drive volume adoption.
In this role, you will:
- Be ClearMotion's internal expert on current & future unmet needs of automotive consumers, OEMs and suppliers
- Build our partnership prioritization, pursuit and execution strategy
- Manage relationships with current partners; identifying new areas of value
- Develop new business models that make partnerships profitable for all parties
- Close joint development agreements, strategic investments, master service agreements, joint ventures, acqui-hires, or licensing agreements
- Exploit ClearMotion IP portfolio to expand into adjacent markets or find licensing opportunities
- Collaborate closely with sales, engineering, and supply chain leadership to uncover new opportunities for growth
Experience & Education Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in engineering
- 3-6 years of experience in a relevant role (management consulting, corporate development, business development, venture capital) in the automotive or technology space
- MS, PhD or MBA
- Vehicle dynamics, chassis design, calibration of vehicle systems, artificial intelligence, or autonomous vehicle localization and mapping (SLAM) experience
Skills & Traits
- Strong problem solving skills - developing hypotheses, analyzing data, drawing conclusions & making insightful recommendations
- Ability to create and execute detailed work plans in ambiguous, unstructured work environments
- Confident but self-aware, persuasive but an active-listener, high IQ and high EQ
- Ability to “speak the language” to mechanical, electrical, software and vehicle dynamics engineering audiences
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Superior project and time management skills
- Global business understanding
- Expert negotiation and deal-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% - internationally at times
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please take the time to let us know how you would contribute to our environment and our customers’ success by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position in the subject line. Thank you!
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com for additional details.