We have an exciting opportunity within our Systems Engineering Department for a Functional Safety Engineer who will act as the technical counterpart to the Program Manager will lead the front design activities relating to functional safety system design.
Additionally, you will assist in assigned projects and designs, production techniques, quality improvements and taking the ClearMotion brand forward.
Reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering, your responsibilities will include the coordination, organization, and communication aspects of assigned projects.
- Collaboration with engineers to determine project requirements in order to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with your team to ensure that the overall product definitions, requirements, goals, and schedules are aligned.
- Provide input to your team and immediate supervisor in accordance with company procedures to correct problems or deficiencies, recommendations and implementation of changes where indicated and approved.
- Lead the up front design activities relating to functional safety system design
- The single point of contact for all technical topics relating to functional safety
- Manage vehicle-specific functional safety requirements and verify overall system conformance
- Responsible for delivering all documents relating to ISO 26262 and managing certification activities
- Travel domestically and internationally to support business needs as required
As well as being a passionate, hardworking team player, the successful candidate will possess:
- BS/MS in electrical engineering, software engineering, system engineering, or similar technical discipline
- 5-15 years of experience working in product based engineering organizations (Automotive OEM or Tier 1 is a plus)
- 5+ years experience is safety critical system design
- Ideally hold a level 1, 2 or 3 functional safety certificate
- Must have performed safety reviews on different systems
- Ideally has a deep understanding of automotive product development gates, timing and processes
- Must have the ability to build relationships and work within the engineering community to influence change
- Mastery of modern systems engineering methods, processes and tools
- Exposure to subjective vehicle evaluation processes
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please take the time to let us know how you would contribute to our environment and our customers’ success by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position in the subject line. Thank you!
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!