ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have high demand for our product from both automotive suppliers and OEMs. We are currently seeking a Director of Quality to successfully develop, manage, and lead all quality functions related to the development and manufacturing of our products in addition to the quality management system for our company.
The Director of Quality will work with senior management to identify areas of improvement, create projects, and gather resources for projects. This position manages and tracks the progress of projects to support company’s short and long-range business objectives; consults with management regarding people performance issues and develops managers’ skills in performance standards and metrics.
Director of Quality Essential Functions
- Leads the quality team (project quality engineers, supplier quality engineers, and inspection technicians) to manage all quality activities associated with the company – quality management system, product development processes, prototype manufacturing, and serial manufacturing operations
- Provides leadership in the APQP process including PPAP and flawless new product launch planning
- Quality Management System: Develop and monitor compliance of the organization to all regulatory and quality system certification requirements including IATF 16949
- Alongside engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing, develop the strategy and support the execution of establishing a global supply chain capable of supporting our product and manufacturing requirements
- Develop a process to assess, monitor, and review supplier performance – driving the goal to have 0 defects received
- Customer support: develop system to ensure our product and processes exceed customer quality and warranty requirements
- Instill a company culture where employees embrace quality in all their actions
- Travel domestically and internationally to suppliers and customers when required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment may be loud out of the Wilmington manufacturing facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is mainly sedentary but does require standing, walking and the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.
- BS/MS in Engineering
- 10-15 years of experience at an OEM, Tier 1, or automotive engineering consultancy
- Must have experience in new product introduction and launch
- Experience with IATF 16949 and the AIAG core tools required
- IATF 16949 Internal Auditor certificate
- Superior knowledge of automotive manufacturing activities, processes, and standards
- Strong background in developing and monitoring quality performance metrics – and using such data to implement significant improvements
- Has worked in product development and manufacturing operations of an advanced mechatronic system within the automotive industry
- Deep understanding of automotive product development gates, timing, and processes
- A deep knowledge of APQP, PPAP, MSA, QA, PFMEA
- Six Sigma/Lean
- 5+ years of experience leading, mentoring, and building teams
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving / Analysis
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!