We have an exciting opportunity within our Systems Engineering Group for a driven systems engineer. You will be responsible for supporting the product design and architecting activities as well as supporting the system validation activities.
Additionally, you will assist in projects to support quality improvements and taking the ClearMotion brand forward.
Reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering, your responsibilities will include the coordination, organization, and communication aspects of assigned projects.
The Systems Engineer will support core activities of the Systems team to include testing, design, and application support. In this role, you will develop test data post-processing in MATLAB, and conduct data analysis to debug system problems and bring up prototype vehicles.
Systems Engineer Essential Functions
- Conducts vehicle bringup, test scripts and data analysis using Vector CAN tools
- Development of post-processing tools in MATLAB.
- Conduct various performance tests of ClearMotion’s GenShock product in accordance with test criteria established by policies and procedures or written test plans and maintains accurate records of test results and reports results to the development and testing group.
- Coordinate with the Systems team to ensure that the overall product definitions, requirements, goals, and schedules are aligned.
- Provide input to the team and immediate supervisor in accordance with company procedures to correct problems or deficiencies, recommendations, and implementation of changes where indicated and approved.
- Work with a cross—functional (mechanical, electrical, controls, and software_ applications engineering team responsible for all engineering deliverables associated with a customer development project.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Due to collecting data in a moving vehicle, the employee may experience motion sickness. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, and climbing. This position often carries equipment weighing 25 pounds or less.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work is expected.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- 5-15 years of experience at an OEM, supplier or automotive engineering consultancy
- Has introduced an advanced mechatronic system into the automotive industry (chassis or steering systems are a plus)
- Understanding of automotive product development gates, timing, and processes.
- Exposure to subjective vehicle evaluation processes.
- Valid Drivers License
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Mechatronics experience or degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical discipline.
- Vector CAN tools such as VN 1640, VN1610, CANape, CANAlyzer and MATLAB.
- Mastery of modern systems engineering methods, processes and tools
- Exposure to subjective vehicle evaluation processes
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics fundamentals
- Project/program management experience
- Experience with standard automotive quality standards and procedures, ideally TS9001, ISO 26262, CMMI & A-SPICE
- Clean driving record.
- Technical Capacity
- Strong Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Willingness to Learn
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!