ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
We are looking for a customer-focused, creative, and technical leader to shepherd ClearMotion products from concept phase through production; someone with a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
The ideal candidate has a well-rounded vehicle dynamics & business background, strong entrepreneurial leanings, and an ability to influence internal decision-makers.
- Develop & maintain the product roadmap for ClearMotion’s active suspension systems
- For each product and driving mode, define vehicle attribute targets, system capabilities and cost targets based upon customer feedback
- Define product configuration and variant plan
- Perform market research, benchmarking, and in-depth analyses of competitive products, pricing and technology trends
- Support in-vehicle testing and evaluation of complementary & supplementary chassis technologies to quantify comfort, safety and handling benefits of ClearMotion products
- In collaboration with the commercial team, shape ClearMotion's go-to-market strategy
- Deep-dive into design decisions which drive customer benefit
- Translate complex technical concepts into simple offerings for the commercial team
- Drive feature delivery timing via tight collaboration with engineering leadership
- Develop life-cycle management initiatives
- Lead special projects as opportunities arise
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering; MS, PhD, or MBA is a plus
- 6+ years of chassis engineering or vehicle dynamics experience is required
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant role (product management, planning, or strategy) managing software and/or hardware products is a strong plus
Preferable Qualifications and Experience
- An innate focus on user-experience and bringing disruptive technologies to market
- Ability to create and execute detailed work plans in ambiguous, unstructured work environments
- Ability to develop meaningful conclusions from data and make proposals
- Orientation toward building processes, tools and frameworks when none exist; focused on continually improving product management team effectiveness
- Confident but self-aware, persuasive but an active-listener, high IQ and high EQ
- Ability to “speak the language” to mechanical, electrical, software and vehicle dynamics engineering audiences
- Highly organized with proven project management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.