We are looking for a customer-focused, creative, and technical leader to shepherd ClearMotion products from concept phase through production; someone with a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
The ideal candidate has a well-rounded vehicle dynamics & business background, strong entrepreneurial leanings, and an ability to influence internal decision-makers.
ClearMotion’s vision is to improve the quality of time in cars. We make a breakthrough road-sensing software and hardware product that interprets and responds to road surface conditions, improving comfort, performance, and safety. Our venture-backed company has raised over $160M and is working with the world’s top automakers, Tier-1 suppliers, and autonomous car integrators to drive volume adoption.
In this role, you will:
- Develop & maintain the product roadmap for ClearMotion’s active suspension systems
- For each product and driving mode, define vehicle attribute targets, system capabilities and cost targets based upon customer feedback
- Define product configuration and variant plan
- Perform market research, benchmarking, and in-depth analyses of competitive products, pricing and technology trends
- Support in-vehicle testing and evaluation of complementary & supplementary chassis technologies to quantify comfort, safety and handling benefits of ClearMotion products
- In collaboration with the commercial team, shape ClearMotion's go-to-market strategy
- Deep-dive into design decisions which drive customer benefit
- Translate complex technical concepts into simple offerings for the commercial team
- Drive feature delivery timing via tight collaboration with engineering leadership
- Develop life-cycle management initiatives
- Lead special projects as opportunities arise
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering; MS, PhD, or MBA is a plus
- 6+ years of chassis engineering or vehicle dynamics experience is required
- 4+ years of experience in a relevant role (product management, planning, or strategy) managing software and/or hardware products is a strong plus
Skills & Traits
- An innate focus on user-experience and bringing disruptive technologies to market
- Ability to create and execute detailed work plans in ambiguous, unstructured work environments
- Ability to develop meaningful conclusions from data and make proposals
- Orientation toward building processes, tools and frameworks when none exist; focused on continually improving product management team effectiveness
- Confident but self-aware, persuasive but an active-listener, high IQ and high EQ
- Ability to “speak the language” to mechanical, electrical, software and vehicle dynamics engineering audiences
- Highly organized with proven project management skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com for additional details.