Technical Project Manager
ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs. We are hiring an Applications Project Engineer who will support the Technical Project manager and is responsible for co-ordinating the technical team whilst understanding and driving the fulfilment of customer requirements on time. This position will report to the Director of Applications Engineering.
- Be the voice of the customer for all technical topics with a certain customer or group of customers
- Drive a cross-functional (mechanical, electrical, controls, software and systems) applications engineering team responsible for all engineering deliverables associated with a customer development project
- Plan and communicate vehicle-specific requirements
- Ensure delivery of vehicles, hardware & software that meet or exceed vehicle-specific requirements
- Travel domestically and internationally to customer sites and proving grounds when required
- Troubleshoot bench testing and/or vehicle issues which can occur during development.
- Work with the Business Development Department in acquisition support for development efforts
- Fluent in Italian; spoken and written word in a technical context
- BEng/MEng/PhD in mechanical engineering, controls engineering, system engineering, vehicle dynamics or similar technical discipline
- +5 years of experience at an OEM, supplier or automotive engineering consultancy
- Has been involved in introducing an advanced mechatronic system into the automotive industry (chassis or steering systems are a plus)
- Deep understanding of automotive product development gates, timing and processes
- Ability to build relationships and communicate with OEM technical experts and decision-makers
- Experience of modern systems engineering methods, processes and tools
- Exposure to subjective vehicle evaluation processes
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics fundamentals
- Project/program management experience
- Familiarity with standard automotive quality standards and procedures, ideally ISO 26262, CMMI / A-SPICE
ClearMotion is transforming the experience of riding in cars. We make road-sensing software and hardware that interprets and responds to road surface conditions, making a dramatic improvement in comfort, performance, and safety. The venture-backed company has raised over $160M and is working with the world’s top automakers, Tier-1 suppliers, and autonomous car integrators.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!