ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs. We are hiring a Technical Project Lead who is responsible for driving platform development of our core product, the Activalve. This person is responsible for leading cross functional development of a software controlled electro-hydraulic component. They will take full project ownership of related activities performed by multi-disciplined cross functional teams.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centred on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbecues and other events.
- Coordinates and drives end to end software and electrical hardware development team that will develop new technology for upcoming automotive OEM applications
- Works to prioritize an internal development team (and outsourced suppliers) to deliver a mechatronic system including Motor, PCB, Software, System, and Mechanical Architecture per necessary program timing
- Lead systems requirements development for an optimized HW / SW implementation method for the core product with multi-disciplined team
- Develop an execution plan for success of the project while capturing and tracking project related risks and issues and developing paths to reduce risk
- Technical leadership towards resolution of complex issues within or that span engineering functional disciplines.
- Monitor status of engineering deliverables and report out to management and escalate when necessary.
- Drives the release process of design, system, and product based on project timing.
- Drive project reviews and risk assessment; oversee your team’s design work for both production and prototype systems, including Motor, PCB, Software, System, and Mechanical Architecture
- Declares part maturity, and drives development and change management processes associated with project status
- Drive team towards corporate objectives for BOM Cost in collaboration with purchasing
- Travel domestically and internationally to supplier and partner sites, as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required.
- 8+ years’ experience in a Tier-1 supplier or automotive engineering consultancy where you launched product into mass production
- Project management experience in the automotive industry or closely related industry. Preferable experience with a tier 1 automotive supplier.
- Prior exposure to DOORS or Jama, AutoSAR, CAN communication protocols
- Experience implementing automotive systems to ISO26262 / ASPICE for mass production
- Ability to drive consensus across global multidisciplined teams
- Data-driven problem-solving skills, with understanding of tools and key performance indicators
- Experience of modern systems engineering methods, processes, and tools; and problem-solving techniques such as Red-X or Design for Six sigma
- Willingness and ability for international travel, as necessary.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external technical experts and decision-makers
- Can show proven success in an atmosphere with varying amounts of ambiguity, but still able to set and deliver on plans with proven processes
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 and other systems supporting program management.
- Goal oriented methods of work, overall mindset of moving company forward.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.