As a controls engineer in the Activalve team, you will play a key role in productizing core algorithms for our proactive “digital ride” control system. This role is geared towards development and refinement of our control software to ensure drivers and passengers experience unmatched comfort, handling and stability across all road and environmental conditions.
Your tasks will include creating, simulating, testing, and analyzing innovative actuator level control software both at the component and system level to deliver appropriate vehicle level attributes. Although there are clear objectives, this role will require an individual who is passionate, and capable of being semi-autonomous in getting work done.
- Develop component and system level algorithms for our electrohydraulic actuator to deliver a driving experience that optimizes comfort, NVH and safety
- Build and use models of our actuators to simulate and test control algorithms, evaluating and verifying all aspects of dynamic behavior at both component and system level
- Conceive test scenarios and coordinate with other teams to conduct extensive actuator testing and field testing on high-end prototype vehicles (mules)
- Contribute to architecture/strategy/algorithm design reviews with team members.
- Contribute to requirements development and documentation of controller design and architecture to ensure traceability to automotive standards
- Support root-cause investigations, data processing and analysis of results from simulations and actuator/vehicle testing
- Support model-based auto generated controller code development to automotive standards
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- Engineering background in feedback control theory: linear system analysis, stability analysis, frequency response, optimal control techniques
- 2 – 5 years of experience characterizing, modeling and developing control systems in one of the following fields: multi-body systems, structural vibrations, acoustics
- HIL (Hardware-in-loop) testing and signal processing experience
- Experience coordinating, interpreting, and improving controller requirements and test specifications with external teams
- 2 - 5 years experience with modeling, algorithm development and data processing using Matlab/Simulink
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Excellent communication and collaborative experience with global cross functional teams.
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from an early concept to a verified product
- Can demonstrate proven success in an atmosphere with varying amounts of ambiguity, but still able to set and deliver on plans with proven processes.
- Data-driven problem-solving skills, with understanding of tools and key performance indicators
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!