Director of Vehicle Engineering
ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbecues and other events.
- Build a vehicle engineering team capable of using test and simulation to understand the component contribution to vehicle level attributes.
- Optimize vehicle-level attributes to achieve benchmark ride and handling.
- Create a vision for success of vehicle performance and drive the supporting team to develop objective system level requirements.
- Collaborate closely with customer technical specialists within OEM and develop attribute targets for product development.
- Develop and utilize a systematic approach to ensure the product is acceptable for all required vehicle use cases.
- Owns the vehicle level release responsibility for road and proving grounds use based on system release and mechanical durability
- Owns measurement and analysis of objective data, creation of processing scripts, and measurement tools.
- Review team’s work products to identify technical errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions.
- Contribute to the base development milestones and devise robust and efficient plans for execution of development and testing.
- Set expectations for performance, coach and manage for excellence, and develop future leaders.
- Responsible for team financial management including annual operating plan, budget management, and forecasting.
- Ensure the right people are assigned to the right task and recruit talent as required to achieve department and company goals.
- Engineering Degree 10-15+ years’ experience while holding engineering leadership roles within the automotive industry (either at an OEM, Tier-1, Tier-2 supplier, or consultancy)
- Product launch experience required
- Professional Engineer Certificate, MS/ MBA / PMP certification desired
- Proven success delivering vehicles to a wide range of mass market passenger vehicle segments, including luxury and performance; and understand attribute targets for all.
- Have demonstrated an understanding of vehicle chassis and suspensions, dampers and damping mechanisms.
- Worked with both subjective and objective assessments of vehicle level ride and handling attributes, including instrumentation, data collection and data processing.
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external technical experts and decision-makers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Excellent communication and collaborative experience with global cross functional teams.
- Ability to drive consensus at levels (parallel, upwards, and downwards) in a complex organization, and drive execution based on decisions.
- Can show proven success in an atmosphere with varying amounts of ambiguity, but still able to set and deliver on plans with proven processes
- Data-driven problem-solving skills, with understanding of tools and key performance indicators.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary.
- Goal oriented methods of work, overall mindset of moving company forward.
- Passionately motivated to take products from concept to production
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.