Director of Mechatronics
ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbecues and other events.
- Build a cross functional team capable of developing and delivering an Electomechanical system, which meets or exceeds automotive standards.
- Owns the delivery of ClearMotion’s revolutionary product (the activalve) while meeting established development and quality processes.
- Owns the release responsibility of the Electrohydraulic system for vehicle usage.
- Directs team to execute a system architecture, utilizing cutting edge tools in Model-based System Engineering.
- Cascade requirements to cross-functional stakeholders such as software and controls, electrical architecture, and mechanical design.
- Works closely with partner directors of systems engineering, and hydraulic engineering to collaborate on different execution strategies for the product.
- Develop and execute strategy for utilizing external resources to provide development support to the team for software and electrical hardware deliveries.
- Reviews technical product specifications and requirements to ensure they are complete, compliant, clear and concise.
- Develop robust KPIs to ensure teams deliver high quality production code that is safe, well-architected, fast, reliable, and testable.
- Contributes to the base development’s program milestones and devises robust and efficient plans for execution of development and testing.
- Set expectations for performance, coach and manage for excellence, and develop future leaders
- Responsible for team financial management including annual operating plan, budget management, and forecasting.
- Ensure the right people are assigned to the right task and recruit talent as required to achieve department and company goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar required.
- 10-15+ years’ experience while holding engineering leadership roles within the automotive industry (either at an OEM, Tier-1 or Tier-2 supplier).
- Professional Engineer Certificate, MS/ MBA / PMP certification desired
- Experience developing a mechatronic system from concept to market in the automotive industry.
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external technical experts and decision-makers
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Flexray, Ethernet)
- Demonstrated working knowledge with automotive standards such as MBSE, AutoSAR and ASPICE
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Excellent communication and collaborative experience with global cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive consensus at levels (parallel, upwards, and downwards) in a complex organization, and drive execution based on decisions.
- Can show proven success in an atmosphere with varying amounts of ambiguity, but still able to set and deliver on plans with proven processes.
- Data-driven problem-solving skills, with understanding of tools and key performance indicators
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary.
- Goal oriented methods of work, overall mindset of moving company forward.
- Passionately motivated to take products from concept to production
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.