Data Scientist – RoadMotion
ClearMotion is a growth technology company on a mission to transform the quality of time we spend in motion—by making transportation more productive, comfortable, fun, and safe. Our team of 160 people is comprised of controls, systems, and software engineers, and we’ve raised $300M from top VCs. We are rapidly expanding an elite team of developers to build and scale the cloud intelligence platform, RoadMotion, that powers our software control systems.
Our first product, ClearMotion1, is the world’s most advanced active ride. It enables cars to glide over the road, instantaneously eliminating bumps and perturbations. RoadMotion builds on this by crowdsourcing road data to proactively control vehicle subsystems to enhance comfort, performance, and safety. Our technology has the potential to radically improve how vehicle systems are controlled.
As a Data Scientist you will work as a key member in our CTO group to evaluate the performance of our rich HD map data and vehicle control algorithms. We are looking for an engineer who has experience working with time-series data to develop statistical based objective metrics. Your contributions will directly influence the launch of our first RoadMotion products. We are looking for highly motivated, talented, and creative individuals, driven to work on hard tech problems, to join our team.
- Ownership of product performance metrics and evaluation criteria per subject matter expert influence
- Development of simulation and analysis tools using existing and targeted testing methods
- Influence algorithm design and work prioritization based on statistical results
- Contribute to system algorithm design reviews with team
- Lead projects from ideation through execution
- Share knowledge via mentoring, design reviews, and tech talks
Required Qualifications & Experience
- MS or PhD in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive knowledge in data mining, statistical modeling, and data analytics
- Experience with R/Python and statistical libraries
- Experience with time-series data, HD mapping, and/or localization data
- Experience with big data manipulation, cleaning, and visualization
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment with ability (and inclination) to be semi-autonomous
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Understanding of common IoT sensors (GPS, accelerometers, wheel encoder, IMU, etc.)
- Experience interfacing with robotic or vehicle simulation models in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience building simulation environments (for example, to autonomous vehicle simulations)
Working @ ClearMotion Perks
- Work at the forefront of mobility tech, solving challenging problems that create direct impact
- Competitive compensation packages including stock options
- Free breakfast, lunch prepared daily by our executive chef, and unlimited snacks + beverages
- 100% covered medical, life, vision, dental, and disability insurance
- Company events and outings, dog Fridays, etc.
- Unlimited paid vacation & sick time, onsite gym
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.