ClearMotion is a growth technology company on a mission to transform the quality of time we spend in motion—by making transportation more productive, comfortable, fun, and safe. Our team of 160 people is comprised of controls, systems, and software engineers, and we’ve raised $300M from top VCs. We are rapidly expanding an elite team of developers to build and scale the cloud intelligence platform, RoadMotion, that powers our software control systems.
Our first product, ClearMotion1, is the world’s most advanced active ride. It enables cars to glide over the road, instantaneously eliminating bumps and perturbations. RoadMotion builds on this by crowdsourcing road data to proactively control vehicle subsystems to enhance comfort, performance, and safety. Our technology has the potential to radically improve how vehicle systems are controlled.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will work within our CTO organization to define and develop real-time cloud infrastructure that communicates with hundreds of thousands of cars. We are looking for an experienced SW engineer who has built and scaled complex distributed systems, to help architect and develop our backend infrastructure. Your contribution will directly influence the launch of our first RoadMotion product. We are looking for highly motivated, talented, and creative individuals, driven to work on really hard tech problems, to join our team.
- Ownership of production cloud backend design & implementation
- Design backend per MVP, future functionality, cybersecurity, and stakeholder requirements
- Create workflows and pipelines for integrating data analysis machine learning models
- Contribute to system algorithm design reviews with team
- Lead projects from ideation to execution
- Share knowledge through mentoring, design reviews, and tech talks
Required Qualifications & Experience
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- A clear understanding of various database system strengths and weaknesses
- Experience with Node.js, Python
- Experience building production cloud applications and databases from the ground up
- Experience with high volume data ingestion, workflows, and storage (bonus: with connected IoT devices)
- Experience building production level APIs for internal and external consumption
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment with ability (and inclination) to be semi-autonomous
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in mapping, geospatial/GIS technologies (OpenStreetMap, map matching algorithms, geospatial searching, map geometry, etc.), and/or localization technologies
- Understanding of common IoT sensors (GPS, accelerometers, wheel encoder, IMU, etc.)
- Experience working with time series data sets with possible noise in data and labels
Working at ClearMotion Perks
- Work at the forefront of mobility tech, solving challenging problems that create direct impact
- Competitive compensation packages including stock options
- Free breakfast, lunch prepared daily by our executive chef, and unlimited snacks + beverages
- 100% covered medical, life, vision, dental, and disability insurance
- Company events and outings, dog Fridays, etc.
- Unlimited paid vacation & sick time, onsite gym
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.