ClearMotion is a growth technology company on a mission to transform the quality of time we spend in motion—by making transportation more productive, comfortable, fun, and safe. Our team of 160 people is comprised of controls, systems, and software engineers, and we’ve raised $300M from top VCs. We are rapidly expanding an elite team of developers to build and scale the cloud intelligence platform, RoadMotion, that powers our software control systems.
Our first product, ClearMotion1, is the world’s most advanced active ride. It enables cars to glide over the road, instantaneously eliminating bumps and perturbations. RoadMotion builds on this by crowdsourcing road data to proactively control vehicle subsystems to enhance comfort, performance, and safety. Our technology has the potential to radically improve how vehicle systems are controlled.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will work within our CTO organization to build automated analysis algorithms and tools. We are looking for an experienced SW engineer with a data science background. Your contribution will directly influence the launch of our first RoadMotion product. We are looking for highly motivated, talented, and creative individuals, driven to work on really hard tech problems, to join our team.
- Analysis and development of vehicle metrics using existing map database
- Develop classification and clustering algorithms to diagnose performance and vehicle issues
- Develop automated methods to prove backend algorithm performance
- Develop predictive models to identify vehicle, infrastructure, or user trends
- Develop internal web-apps for data visualization
Required Qualifications & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Node.js, Python, and some web app frontend / backend
- Experience using statistical techniques and statistical software/libraries
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git, SVN)
- Experience with interfacing databases for large data sets for analysis purposes
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment with ability to be semi-autonomous
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in motion planning, localization, navigation, or mapping methods
- Experience scaling servers for analysis and performance testing
- Experience working with time series data sets with possible noise in data and labels
Working @ ClearMotion Perks
- Work at the forefront of mobility tech, solving challenging problems that create direct impact
- Competitive compensation packages including stock options
- Free breakfast, lunch prepared daily by our executive chef, and unlimited snacks + beverages
- 100% covered medical, life, vision, dental, and disability insurance
- Company events and outings, dog Fridays, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.