ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
You will be developing component level algorithms for vehicle dynamics control software to deliver a driving experience that optimizes comfort and safety.
- Building and using models to simulate and test control algorithms, evaluating and verifying all aspects of dynamic behavior at both component and system level
- Verification of controller models at unit, HiL and vehicle level
- Support controller calibration in vehicle - CANape
- Participate in controller architecture strategy & algorithm design reviews
- Conduct root-cause investigations, data processing and analysis of results from simulations and actuator/vehicle testing
- Work cross functionally with EE, Software and Systems
- Requirements management
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- Engineering background in feedback control theory: linear system analysis, frequency response, optimal control techniques
- 5+ years of experience in control algorithms development and test
- Experience coordinating, interpreting, and improving control algorithm requirements
- Experience designing test framework to ensure control algorithm compliance with requirements
- Strong experience with algorithm development using MATLAB and Simulink
- HIL (Hardware-in-loop) testing and signal processing experience
Preferable Qualifications and Experience
- Basic understanding, and intuition for physics of multi-body systems
- Experience with algorithm development using Simulink for automotive or aerospace applications
- Safety critical systems experience - ISO 26262
- Knowledge of ASPICE process
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.