- The Senior Manufacturing Engineering Manager-DFM is a key role focusing on component cost and manufacturability. They are responsible for leading the analysis of component material, process, labor and capital costs. They are responsible for setting DFM standards and targets for product design. They are responsible for researching and developing new processes for efficiency and cost advantages. They are the DFM liaison for manufacturing engineering activities between Product Development, Supplier Development and Supply Chain.
- Ownership of DFM initiatives including setting targets and standards.
- Ownership of component DFM analysis including material cost, tooling, waste, yield setup and process cost
- Ownership of researching and introducing new technology and systems into manufacturing processes.
- Ownership of component manufacturing process development and scalability within the supply base
- Joint ownership with Product Development and Supply Chain of achieving cost targets.
- Deliver against the CMI Industrialization launch schedule
- BS/MS in engineering, mathematics, computer science, physics, or related discipline
- Formal DFM/DFA training and experience
- Knowledge and experience in high pressure die casting, molding, forging, deep draw, stamping powdered metal, additive manufacturing and machining
- Design engineering and manufacturing experience, and familiarity with the development processes (mechanical engineering and electrical engineering).
- Exposure to hydraulics, controls and mechatronics.
- Lean manufacturing and value stream principles
- Proficient with 3D CAD (Solidworks, Catia, PTC, etc.)
- Proficient with Minitab
- The ability to work with diverse, international supply base.
- The ability to communicate with engineers across disciplines.
- 10+ years of experience industrializing high volume products, ideally in the automotive industry.
- Automotive industry experience is valued, especially exposure to:
- Automotive software development and launch
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Production Validation Planning and Reporting (DVP&R)
- 8-Disciple Problem Solving
- Travel domestically and internationally ~25%.
- Manufacturing processes meeting COGS and Scalability targets.
- Meeting new product launch program schedule & COGS target.
- Meeting capex and tooling targets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.