ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a health plan, life insurance, alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
We are looking for a vehicle integration engineer to join our Vehicle Integration team working directly to support attribute specification and target cascades to the wider business. The role will be based in our UK Office but will require an eagerness to travel throughout Europe and the US and, less frequently, the rest of the world.
You will be utilising a mix of test and simulation to understand the component contribution to a wide array of vehicle level attributes and driving forward the effort to realize the elusive goal of making all assessments objective rather than subjective in nature.
As a vehicle integration engineer, you will support assessment, test and simulation activities on internal and customer vehicles.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Strong fundamental understanding of Vehicle Dynamics
- Subjective assessment of vehicle level ride and handling attributes.
- Vehicle test - including instrumentation, driving, data collection and data processing.
- Creation and support of target cascade documentation.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in Automotive or similar engineering environment with focus on evaluating performance and vehicle ride testing.
- Valid Drivers License.
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Have an engineering background in vehicle dynamics
- Master’s Degree Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- An understanding of vehicle chassis and suspensions, dampers and damping mechanisms would be an advantage
- Clean driving record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.