Senior Manufacturing Controls Engineer
ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Controls Engineer to design and implement manufacturing assembly strategies, equipment, and processes that enable us to successfully deliver product to our customers.
- This role is directly responsible for the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical system designs to support ClearMotion’s manufacturing equipment and processes. Designs will be handled internally and sourced externally through partnerships with equipment integrators
- Work with cross functional manufacturing team to develop machine and process concepts
- Create robust system architectures to support manufacturing and process concepts, and then layout electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic schematics.
- Program all controls components such as PLC, safety devices, HMI, servo drives, process hardware, and robotics from power-on, to debug, to final validation, or participate in design development/reviews with external integrators for the aforementioned functions.
- Manage suppliers to deliver automated assembly and test equipment per design requirements. This includes low volume solutions as well as high volume solutions
- Provide support to technicians, operations, and maintenance associates to troubleshoot and implement continuous improvements to enhance manufacturing process
- Develop test stations, including software development and controls design for hydraulic electromechanical technology
- Data analysis – review product performance, investigate root cause/corrective action during product development, product launch, and sustaining production. Develop automated scripts to enhance data analysis capabilities for the manufacturing engineering team.
- Deep dive on issues impacting first pass yield, cycle times, and overall efficiencies and drive corrective actions
- Design Verification Test Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports against product requirements
- Work with IT, Test Engineering to design, develop, maintain manufacturing database systems and communication between PLC’s and database systems
- Effectively assess and communicate Design for Manufacturing/Assembly/Test opportunities for a products design
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. in Engineering
- Experience in outsourcing the design and builds of production equipment to equipment integrators
- Experience developing electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic designs for manufacturing assembly systems
- Proficiency creating detailed process, electrical, pneumatic and fluid schematics in CAD
- Strong understanding of PLC and HMI programming
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (LVDT’s, load cells, pressure sensors, current and power meters, etc)
- Experience transitioning products and processes from concept to production desired
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of safety standards for equipment design
- Comfortable working with minimal oversight – be a self-starter and a decision maker
- Ability to travel (estimated 10% to 20%)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.