ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer to lead the development of value-added features using the capabilities of active suspension and active seat technologies within our advanced development group. Work with our tech experts to push the limits of current technology and/or develop new technology for future products.
- Own the development of value-added features from concept to pre-production.
- Design/build controls using Matlab/Simulink models.
- Define feature goals by collaborating with tech experts and product management.
- Use creativity to develop concepts to achieve feature goals.
- Define sensor and control strategies based on system requirements.
- Execute user testing to refine models to meet feature goals.
- Use creativity to demo the end use functionality.
- Own integration with existing controls and software architecture.
- Hands on troubleshooting vehicle integration and use case testing.
- Work across teams to leverage the expertise of other team members.
- Collaborate with greater team to accelerate transition into production environment.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- MS in mechatronics, robotics, or 2+ years of experience in control algorithms development and system testing specifically including mechatronic hardware integration and troubleshooting
- Engineering background in feedback control theory: linear system analysis, stability analysis, frequency response, optimal control techniques, system identification, signal conditioning and filtering, state estimation (kalman filters), reinforcement learning, etc.
- Capability to design systems to fully utilize electrohydraulic actuator capabilities.
- Experience working in a fast-paced prototype environment with ambiguity.
- Strong experience with Matlab/Simulink.
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Clear communication skills and relation to layperson needs and expectations.
- Basic understanding, and intuition for physics of multi-body systems.
- Experience coordinating, interpreting, and improving control algorithm requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.