ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
As a systems engineer, you’ll be working closely with the R&D team with testing and validation, vehicle integration, applications support, and high-level algorithm development. You’ll be working on the cutting-edge (of the cutting-edge!), and will help test / write documentation on the operational envelope and limitations of our product
- Design and execute test plans to help validate systems & sub-systems within our product.
- This will involve lots of driving (but in our really nice test cars!)
- Collaborate with team by giving detailed briefs of testing results + assist in guiding high-level algorithm development (based off test results).
- Assist with vehicle integration efforts + occasional applications support.
- Develop test benches for doing HIL and SIL testing/simulations.
- Analyze system design + assist in developing system safety requirements.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Experience with electronic system design, implementation and testing
- Experience with Python/Matlab to be self-sufficient in creating scripts/etc.
- Cross-functional knowledge of software, electronics, data science, and mechanical fields.
- Hands on vehicle experience (driving, debugging, testing)
- Good knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc)
- Ability to quickly and creatively solve problems, independently and in teams, while maintaining quality work
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and prioritize multiple diverse projects
- Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience w/ mapping + geospatial/GIS technologies (i.e OpenStreetMap, map matching algorithms, geospatial searching, map geometry, etc)
- Familiarity w/ localization (i.e SLAM, Inertial Navigation), and general intuition/knowledge on how autonomous cars work + common problems.
- Interest in automotive + autonomy! (If you’re not – don’t worry, we hope you will be soon after working here)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.