ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead and coordinate the development of our hydromechanical components and assemblies within our advanced development group. Work with our tech experts to push the limits of current technology and/or develop new technology for future products.
To be successful here at ClearMotion you will need to be a passionate, confident, organized and driven team player. We’re looking for life long learners who contribute our environment and culture as well as our projects.
- Collaborate with tech experts to accomplish system level goals.
- Ownership of prototype mechanical component and assembly designs from high level concept to prototype manufacturing to system/vehicle testing.
- Apply Finite Element Analysis (FEA) & CFD to validate designs.
- Detail design for manufacturing low volume prototype concepts and lead hardware bring-up.
- Hands on troubleshooting bench tests and vehicle issues which can occur during development.
- Demonstrate knowledge/experience in manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development, and presentation of technical information.
- Work across teams to leverage the expertise of other team members.
- Lead internal and external design reviews for prototype designs, models, and drawings.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- 5-15 years of experience in Mechanical systems design or Robotics
- Has experience working with advanced mechatronic systems; able to quickly learn complex systems
- Proficient in CAD (Solidworks/UX preferred); ability to direct FEA and Fatigue simulations
- Experience working in a fast-paced prototype environment with ambiguity
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Mechatronics experience
- Mastery of modern systems engineering methods, processes, and tools
- Advanced hydraulics experience
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid vacation (yes – people actually go on vacation regularly here)
- lunch provided every day + snacks/drinks/breakfast items. (all free!)
- Flexible working
- 100% premium paid PPO or HMO
- 401k matched up to 20%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.