ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer who can solve problems learn on the job and helps us create products that can change the way we interact with vehicles.
- Generate new architecture concepts for active seats – moving product from current concept level to prototype (new components, interfaces, and vehicle communication requirements)
- Determine system specifications such as motor and actuator sizing, load leveling system requirements, connectivity, etc
- Possess strong Electrical Engineering background to design and validate power electronic systems and specify electrical component needs
- Optimize vehicle integration architecture (i.e. CAN communication, Speedgoat or other rapid prototyping environment, external sensors, etc)
- Break down customer level requirements into system and functional level requirements
- Identify occupant monitoring systems that can be integrated into the vehicle or seat to collect passenger data and enhance occupant experience in the vehicle
- Define Data Acquisition tools to conduct subject testing and translate findings into system level requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to integrate user experience improvement features beyond motion control features
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or other related fields
- 5-10 years of experience in Systems Engineering or Robotics
- Has experience working with advanced mechatronic systems; able to quickly learn complex systems
- Able to work well cross-functionally; strong communication skills
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with Mechatronics experience
- Mastery of modern systems engineering methods, processes, and tools
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.