ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have a high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs. We are hiring a senior electrical engineer with a strong background in electric motors and the production thereof mixed with strong supplier engagement.
Things you will be working on:
- Senior Engineer working within engineering and supply chain
- Lead transitioning motor design into production
- Support Cost Engineering
- Establish and foster strong working relationship with Motor suppliers
- Supplier Management including engagement and development
- Including quality support
- Including Sourcing support
- Automotive or equivalent experience
- Experience in Motor design and production
- Form factors and performance tradeoffs
- Motor technologies
- Brought multiple motor design to production
- from reference design to qualified production parts
- Experience with motor control and encoder technologies
- Familiarity with DFMEA
- APQP and PPAP proficiency
- Lab equipment and hands-on experience\
- IATF 16949 experience
- Communication Proficiency
- Cross functional
- Internal and external
- Technical Capacity
- Attention to Detail
- Able to represent company in front of suppliers and customers
- Process oriented
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones, as well as working with complex electrical components.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!