ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
We are hiring an senior electrical engineer with a strong background in power electronics, EMC compliance and PCB layout to advance our product.
- Electronics and electrical product design for automotive applications
- Design work includes
- Analog and digital
- Power supplies
- Amplifier – power electronics
- PCB layout
- Robust design methods, DFMEA and establish design standards and best practices
- Design for automotive EMC/EMI compliance
- Develop validation and verification process
- Plan, Execute and document critical bench and lab tests
- Electric motor design and operation
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and recommend appropriate corrective action
- Includes hands-on work in a lab environment
- Mentor junior engineers and lab technicians
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Automotive electrical / electronics product design and validation
- Experience with motion / motor control
- Familiarity with DFMEA and automotive design processes
- Proficiency with Altium or equivalent, Matlab, PSpice and/or LTSpice
- Familiarity with CISPR25, ISO/SAE
- VDA320 a nice to have
- Electro-mechanical system design experience
- Experience in automotive 48V preferred
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Technical Capacity
- Attention to Detail
- Capable of making complex system level tradeoffs
- Communication Proficiency
- Cross functional communication
- Able to represent company in front of suppliers and customers
- Process oriented
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.