ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have a high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs. We are hiring an senior electrical engineer with a strong background in power electronics, EMC compliance and PCB layout to advance our product.
Things you will be working on:
- Electronics and electrical product design for automotive applications
- Design work includes
- Analog and digital
- Power supplies
- Amplifier – power electronics
- PCB layout
- Robust design methods, DFMEA and establish design standards and best practices
- Design for automotive EMC/EMI compliance
- Develop validation and verification process
- Plan, Execute and document critical bench and lab tests
- Electric motor design and operation
- Conduct root cause failure analysis and recommend appropriate corrective action
- Includes hands-on work in a lab environment
- Mentor junior engineers and lab technicians
- Automotive electrical / electronics product design and validation
- Experience with motion / motor control
- Familiarity with DFMEA and automotive design processes
- Proficiency with Altium or equivalent, Matlab, PSpice and/or LTSpice
- Familiarity with CISPR25, ISO/SAE
- VDA320 a nice to have
- Electro-mechanical system design experience
- Experience in automotive 48V preferred
- Technical Capacity
- Attention to Detail
- Capable of making complex system level tradeoffs
- Communication Proficiency
- Cross functional communication
- Able to represent company in front of suppliers and customers
- Process oriented
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones, as well as working with complex electrical components.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities but does mentor junior engineers and lab technicians.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.