ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have a high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs.
We are looking for a talented Controls Engineer to work on our breakthrough active suspension system for cars. As a member of the Controls Engineering team, you will be participating in solving challenging problems in a complex intelligent control system that includes hydraulics, electronics, and mechanical components for high-end customer applications. Your tasks will include creating, simulating, testing, and analyzing innovative control software both at the component and system level to deliver appropriate vehicle level attributes. Although there are clear objectives, this role will require an individual who is passionate, and capable of being semi-autonomous in getting work done. The position reports to the Director of Software and Control Engineering.
- Develop component level algorithms for our electrohydraulic actuators and system level vehicle dynamics control software to deliver a driving experience that optimizes comfort and safety
- Build and use models to simulate and test control algorithms, evaluating and verifying all aspects of dynamic behavior at both component and system level
- Conceive test scenarios and coordinate with other teams to conduct extensive actuator testing and field testing on high-end prototype vehicles (mules)
- Collaborate with vehicle dynamics and system integration teams to develop an intuitive tuning interface to maximize the vehicle dynamics controller performance, while adhering to robustness and safety guidelines
- Contribute to architecture/strategy/algorithm design reviews with team members.
- Support root-cause investigations, data processing and analysis of results from simulations and actuator/vehicle testing
- Primary development will occur in Matlab/Simulink and similar tools
Qualifications and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- Engineering background in feedback control theory: linear system analysis, stability analysis, frequency response, optimal control techniques
- 2 – 5 years of experience in control algorithms development and/or system testing.
- HIL (Hardware-in-loop) testing and signal processing experience
- Strong experience with Matlab/Simulink.
Preferable experience & qualifications
- Basic understanding, and intuition for physics of multi-body systems
- Experience coordinating, interpreting, and improving control algorithm requirements
- Experience designing test framework to ensure control algorithm compliance with requirements.
- Experience with algorithm development using Simulink for automotive or aerospace applications
- Working in a formal development environment(i.e. ISO26262, DO178c)
The position has no supervisory responsibilities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.