We are looking for a vehicle dynamics engineer to join our Vehicle Dynamics team working directly to support attribute specification and target cascades to the wider business. The role will be based in our UK Office but will require an eagerness to travel throughout Europe and the US and, less frequently, the rest of the world. The role will require periodic location in our head office in MA.
You will be utilizing a mix of test and simulation to understand the component contribution to a wide array of vehicle level attributes and driving forward the effort to realize the elusive goal of making all assessments objective rather than subjective in nature.
As a vehicle dynamics engineer, you will support assessment, test and simulation activities on internal and customer vehicles.
Vehicle Dynamics Engineer Essential Functions
- Strong fundamental understanding of Vehicle Dynamics
- Subjective assessment of vehicle level ride and handling attributes.
- Vehicle test - including instrumentation, driving, data collection and data processing.
- Creation and support of target cascade documentation.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in Automotive or similar engineering environment with focus on evaluating performance and vehicle ride testing.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Have an engineering background in vehicle dynamics
- Master’s Degree Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- An understanding of vehicle chassis and suspensions, dampers and damping mechanisms would be an advantage
- Clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!