ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
We are looking for a Controls engineer to support development of new technologies for the future of motion!
- Lead controls algorithm development, tuning different modes and generating IP for seating technology in regular passenger vehicles and autonomous vehicles (Mobile Office/Motion Sickness Integration)
- Integrate proactive technology into seat algorithms, enabling feed forward controller features into product– conduct tests and develop different functionality for Light Duty and Heavy Duty products
- Support Controls development for next gen HD product
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate with external partners in development and validation tasks
- Product support for current gen product, including manufacturing support, field investigations, product enhancements, etc.
- Conduct lab and field experiments to quantify occupant comfort in active seat and active vehicle applications
- Conceptualize system changes and complete performance trade-off analyses to optimize system design and controller performance
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- 1-5 years of experience in System Design or Controls Development
- Experience working with advanced mechatronic systems; able to quickly learn complex systems
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Mechatronics experience or degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical discipline.
- Good MATLAB and Simulink skills required; knowledge of Simulink Realtime, Vector tools (i.e. CANape, CANAlyzer) is a plus
- Mastery of modern systems engineering methods, processes and tools
- Understanding of frequency spectrum, natural frequencies, general structural vibration behavior
- Basic understanding of vehicle suspension systems concepts
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.