ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs. We are hiring a Software Program Manager in the Program Management department. The Software PM is responsible for leading program-related communications and taking full SW program delivery ownership. This position will report to the Director of Program Management.
- Scope and create detailed SW project plans ensuring they are resourced, monitored and controlled throughout the lifecycle of the project in Microsoft Project Online
- Ensure the delivery of project timing per Advanced Product Quality Panning (APQP) standards.
- Maintain project reporting including updated timing plans, issues decks and necessary technical reports; develop Key Process Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure correct progress is made per milestone.
- Preparation and communication of program status meetings to management and escalation of critical issues.
- Being the interface to ensure that the business and customer needs are correctly incorporated in the SW development plan
- Working with the Director of Software and Controls to ensure the project delivery processes are defined and adhered to for the full project life cycle across US and UK teams
- Coordinating / monitoring project documentation, timelines, technical performance, production, quality deliverables, and corrective action initiatives.
- Travel domestically and internationally to company and customer sites when required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a software engineering or relevant experience.
- 8+ years of experience industry experience in fast-paced tech company with at least 4 years of project management experience.
- Proven ability of managing SW projects, absorbing complex technical changes and rapidly defining and implementing resolution plans
- Experience of V-model or Agile software development environments
- Practical knowledge of CMMI or other process assessment models
- Has worked to formal software design standards such as ISO 26262, DO 178C etc.
- Understanding of automotive product development gates, timing and processes
- Familiarity with program management tools such as Microsoft & Atlassian Suites
Nice to have:
- Experience as both a software engineer and a Program Manager
- Previous experience w/ mapping + geospatial/GIS technologies (i.e OpenStreetMap, map matching algorithms, geospatial searching, map geometry, etc)
- Familiarity with localization (i.e SLAM, Inertial Navigation), and general intuition/knowledge on how autonomous cars work + common problems.
- General understanding of how common automotive sensors work. (GPS, accelerometers, wheel encoder sensors, IMUs/gyros, etc)
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve an indirect leader to a team of 25+ SW and Controls Engineers
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com for additional details.