ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have high demand for our product from both automotive suppliers and OEMs. We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Lead to lead a team responsible for delivering manufacturing and assembly processes for a complex hydraulic electromechanical product.
- Lead a team of manufacturing/process, controls, test, component launch, and industrial engineers (direct and indirect reports) to successfully design, deliver, maintain, and improve manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Develop key objectives for the manufacturing engineering team that align to the company objectives and goals and allow the team to successfully deliver results
- Identify the resources required within the manufacturing engineering team to achieve the company objectives. Develop and build a manufacturing engineering team that aligns to resource needs and company objectives
- Ensure optimal performance of the manufacturing operations, while achieving the highest level of safety, quality, and uptime.
- Responsible for delivering the design and development of multiple assembly lines ensuring the equipment is delivered on schedule, within cost, and meets the performance requirements.
- Ensure manufacturing engineering team identifies Design for Manufacturing / Design for Assembly into our product development process to ensure we maximize our designs for cost and quality
- Develop project plans, report project status, and be able to identify and execute team priorities.
- Communicate and evaluate project risks, develop mitigation plans to minimize risk profile
- Work cross functionally to develop project plans to meet company objectives and company goals
- Develop manufacturing engineering protocols and standardizations for the company to operate to
- This role will also you require to perform as an individual contributor - as a member of the manufacturing engineering team, you will be a responsible for the design and validation of assembly processes, ensuring maximum cost effectiveness, reliability, and quality.
- Design the methods and sequence of manufacturing operations supporting the assembly and test of high precision hydraulic components
- Work amongst cross-functional engineering teams to develop the associated product assembly and test requirements. Transform requirements into manufacturing design specifications.
- Identify and communicate changes to enhance the design of the product or the manufacturing process
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Develop requirements to quote the design and integration of assembly equipment with external suppliers
- Generate and maintain PFMEA to drive manufacturing process design decisions
- Knowledge & management of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Work with Manufacturing Operations / Quality to monitor metrics & control charts
- Travel to suppliers and customers when required
- BS/MS of Engineering
- 10+ years of experience designing manufacturing assembly solutions for both low and high volume applications for electro-mechanical/hydraulic technologies
- 5+ years of experience in supporting manufacturing operations, preferably within the automotive industry
- 3+ years of experience in leading and developing technical teams
- Experience in generating requirements for external parties to design and develop automated assembly lines
- Experience in executing to automotive product development gates, timing, and processes preferred
- Ability to train operators on equipment and processes
- CAD (Solidworks) experience
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, MSA, QA, PFMEA preferred
- Project/program management experience
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, carrying, and reaching. This position may require carrying equipment weighing 30 pounds or less.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!