ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have high demand for our product from both automotive suppliers and OEMs. We are currently seeking an Industrial Engineer to provide quality services, studies, analysis and recommendations on production manpower, productivity and equipment for the purpose of improving safety, quality and cost for a complex hydraulic electromechanical product.
- As a member of the manufacturing engineering team, you will be a supporting the design and validation of assembly processes, ensuring maximum cost effectiveness, reliability, quality and safety.
- Support the development of requirements to quote the design and integration of assembly equipment with external suppliers
- Support PFMEA development to drive manufacturing process design decisions.
- Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy in the manufacturing process to maximize work flow and space utilization.
- Determination of staff and production manpower requirements for all current operations, expansions and product conversions.
- Knowledge of time study/standards, ratings, MODAPTS and ergonomic evaluations.
- Drive the introduction and advancement of lean manufacturing culture, principles and practices across the operation.
- Work with Quality, Operations, SME’s and facility support teams developing work cell designs incorporating lean manufacturing and industrial engineering principles.
- Develop and reinforce a lean/quality manufacturing culture through the use of industrial engineering and lean manufacturing methodologies and VA/VE activities.
- Participate in trial runs/demonstrations of new equipment and/or process capabilities
- Perform cycle time and bottleneck analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing environment, preferably with an Automotive OEM.
- Ability to train operators on equipment and processes
- AutoCAD experience.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Process
- Strong Communication and Organization Skills
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, carrying, and reaching. This position may require carrying equipment weighing 30 pounds or less.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!