ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have high demand for our product from both automotive suppliers and OEMs. We are currently seeking a quality engineer that will serve as the primary contact for internal and external quality related issues for our mechanical and electronic assemblies.
- Utilize your depth of experience in manufacturing and design to quickly analyze and address quality related issues
- Engage with suppliers and lead internal engineering teams in developing timely resolutions of all quality issues related to our assemblies and associated components
- Actively participate with the product development teams to ensure designs and processes adhere to the company’s quality policies
- Perform technical review and audit of supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems, and monitor supplier improvements and corrective actions.
- Develop and perform process and product audits based on internal and customer failure data.
- Generate quality plans and determine appropriate quality control measures for both internal processes and with external suppliers
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Apply your knowledge & management of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Work with Manufacturing Operations / Quality to monitor metrics & control charts
- Travel to suppliers and customers when required
- BS/MS of Engineering
- 5+ years of quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in supporting manufacturing operations, preferably within the automotive industry
- Experience with standard Quality Tools and Documents – PFMEA’s, Control Plans, Capability Studies, APQP Activities
- Superior knowledge of automotive manufacturing activities, processes, and standards
- Deep understanding of automotive product development gates, timing, and processes
- Experience in performing process and product audits
- Familiar with manufacturing processes for complex mechanical parts
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, noise, and exposure to manufacturing areas which require specific PPE.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, and reaching.
This position often carries equipment weighing 30 pounds or less.
Must be proficient in use of a personal computer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!