The Integrated Management System (IMS) Engineer works to maintain, control and improve the Integrated Management System documents, records, and forms. He/she serves as a resource within ClearMotion regarding customers specific requirements and quality system certification schemes. The IMS Engineer coordinates and communicates the expectations, requirements and performance goals of the ClearMotion IMS. A IMS Engineer has experience controlling documents and records in a global automotive organization. He/she is knowledgeable of IATF 16949 requirements and is trained as a lead auditor.
The IMS Engineer interacts directly with ClearMotion’s Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales/Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, and Logistics groups as an IMS support and as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the IMS. The IMS Engineer establishes a working relationship with the ClearMotion Stakeholders, customers and certification body to provide a timely, accurate and appropriate response to IMS concerns, problems, changes or requests. When customer specific requirements or IMS certification requirements change, the IMS Engineer methodically addresses issues using a cross-functional approach to resolve issues.
The IMS Engineer may audit and act as a supplier development engineer with suppliers. The IMS Engineer will interpret requirements for quality systems, product, and processes and communicate these to the supplier. For quality system concerns with the supplier, the IMS Engineer will ensure the supplier correctly identifies the systemic requirements and implementation demanded in the situation.
The IMS Engineer defines quality systems, metrics, and processes. These definitions support ClearMotion’s goals (such as Effectiveness and Efficiency metrics defined by procedure turtle development), meet Integrated Management System registration requirements and various customer requirements. The IMS Engineer assists QE’s and Teams in establishing quality plans and problem-solving.
This position reports directly to the Global IMS Manager.
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, noise, and exposure to manufacturing areas which require specific PPE.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, and reaching.
This position often carries equipment weighing 30 pounds or less.
- Focused on Continual Improvement of the IMS (quality system), processes and products.
- Actively works to meet ClearMotion goals and objectives (such as PPM’s, Customer Complaints, etc)
- Develops, under guidance from the Global IMS Manager, and maintains Integrated Management (Quality) Systems which meet Customer Requirements and current quality system certifications
- May lead/conduct/participates in internal audits and audit finding resolution.
- Acts as a champion or subject matter expert for IMS CSR and certification requirements.
- Assists and leads Engineering and Manufacturing in understanding and implementation of customer requirements, quality standards, process requirements, measurables, etc.
- Assists Engineering and Manufacturing in the implementation of appropriate IMS Quality/Manufacturing required tools to ensure system approval and more
- Provides assistance and leadership to resolve Internal and External Audit issues.
- Interfaces with customers to determine requirements and resolve issues.
- Develops a working relationship with ClearMotion stakeholders through regular contact and support meetings
- Prepares/submits Audit Reports and corrective action documentation
- Utilizes and leads the use of quality tools to solve problems.
- May serve as back up to the Global IMS Manager.
- Prepares periodic Quality reports, data and presentations.
- Follows other instructions and performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel to support suppliers, ClearMotion locations or other functions as assigned.
Must be proficient in use of a personal computer.
Skills and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree; Engineering preferred
- 6S Green/Black Belt
- Lean training and/or experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in field of Quality Assurance/Eng/ Reliability.
- Program management experience.
- Experience with Automotive and Heavy Duty OEM Quality Systems and Requirements, including IATF 16949
- Auditing Experience, including training as Lead IATF 16949 Auditor
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!