ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have high demand for our product from both automotive suppliers and OEMs. We are currently seeking a manufacturing engineer to design and implement manufacturing processes for a complex hydraulic electromechanical product.
- As a member of the manufacturing engineering team, you will be a responsible for the design and validation of assembly processes, ensuring maximum cost effectiveness, reliability, and quality.
- Design the methods and sequence of manufacturing operations supporting the assembly and test of high precision hydraulic components
- Work amongst cross-functional engineering teams to develop the associated product assembly and test requirements. Transform requirements into manufacturing design specifications.
- Identify and communicate changes to enhance the design of the product or the manufacturing process
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Develop requirements to quote the design and integration of assembly equipment with external suppliers
- Generate and maintain PFMEA to drive manufacturing process design decisions
- Knowledge & management of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Work with Manufacturing Operations / Quality to monitor metrics & control charts
- Travel to suppliers and customers when required
- BS/MS of Engineering
- 5+ years of experience designing manufacturing assembly solutions for both low and high volume applications for mechanical/hydraulic technologies
- 5+ years of experience in supporting manufacturing operations, preferably within the automotive industry
- Experience in generating requirements for external parties to design and develop automated assembly lines
- Understanding of automotive product development gates, timing, and processes preferred
- Ability to train operators on equipment and processes
- CAD (Solidworks) experience with both parts and assemblies
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, MSA, QA, PFMEA preferred
- Project/program management experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!