The Customer Quality Engineer serves as liaison between ClearMotion and its customers. The Customer QE communicates within ClearMotion the expectations, requirements and performance goals of the customer. A Customer QE has experience leading problem solving activities, conducting sorts and reworks at customer locations. He/she is knowledgeable of IATF 16949 requirements and is trained to as a lead auditor.
The Customer QE interacts directly with ClearMotion’s customers. The Customer QE establishes a working relationship with the customers and provides timely, accurate and appropriate response to customer concerns, problems or requests. When customers encounter product problems, the Customer QE uses disciplined problem solving processes and principles to resolve issues. The Customer QE is considered a subject matter expert in problem solving techniques.
The Customer QE may interact with suppliers. The Customer QE will interpret requirements for quality systems, product and processes and communicate these to the supplier. For quality concerns with the supplier, the Customer QE will ensure the supplier correctly identifies the root cause and implements sound corrective action(s).
The Customer QE defines quality systems, metrics and processes. These definitions support ClearMotion’s goals (such as PPM targets, Customer Concern quantities, etc), meet Integrated Management System registration requirements and various customer requirements. The Customer QE assists QE’s and Teams in establishing quality plans and problem solving.
This position reports directly to a site Quality Assurance Manager.
- Work may include exposure to manufacturing areas which require specific PPE.
- Work may include lifting up to 30 pounds and the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Focused on Continual Improvement of the quality system, processes and products.
- Actively works to meet ClearMotion goals and objectives (such as PPM’s, Customer Complaints, etc)
- Develops, under guidance from the site QualityLeader, and maintains Integrated Management (Quality) Systems which meet Customer Requirements and current quality system certifications
- May lead/conduct/participates in internal audits and audit finding resolution.
- Acts as champion or subject matter expert for assigned initiatives, especially for quality techniques and tools.
- Assists and leads Engineering and Manufacturing in understanding and implementation of customer requirements, quality standards, process requirements, measureables, etc.
- Assists and leads Engineering and Manufacturing in implementation of appropriate Quality/Manufacturing tools to ensure quality products, on-time launches at full production approval, irreversible corrective action and more
- Provides assistance and leadership to manufacturing to resolve quality issues.
- Interfaces with customers to determine requirements and resolve issues.
- Develops working relationship with customers through regular contact, visits and support meetings
- Serves as member of assigned Product Development Group. Supports NPI process, procedures and flow.
- Prepares/submits Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documentation
- Utilizes and leads the use of quality tools to solve problems.
- May serve as back up to the site Quality Leadership.
- Prepares periodic Quality reports, data and presentations.
- Follows other instructions and performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Must be able to travel to support customers, work with suppliers or other functions as assigned.
Must be proficient in use of a personal computer.
Skills and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree; Engineering preferred
- 6s Green/Black Belt
- Lean training and/or experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in field of Quality Assurance/Eng/ Reliability.
- Program management experience.
- Experience with Automotive and Heavy Duty OEM Quality Systems and Requirements, including IATF 16949
- Auditing Experience, including training as Lead IATF 16949 Auditor
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!