ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. Using a unique combination of hardware and software, ClearMotion utilizes state-of-the-art hydraulics and controls software to achieve unprecedented levels of ride comfort, handling and stability.
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead and coordinate the development of our hydromechanical components and sub-assemblies. You will be responsible for taking concept selected designs and delivering production intent solutions, ensuring designs meet performance, timing, cost and quality targets. Additionally, you will be responsible for generating design concepts, evaluating design concepts, and delivering potential solutions for a next generation system.
- detail design and drawing creation of components intended for mass production in the automotive industry.
- Utilize experience with manufacturing components from steels, aluminums and plastics in both concept and production environments.
- Ensure Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly concepts are applied into our product development process to ensure we maximize our designs for cost and quality.
- Demonstrate knowledge/experience in manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development, and presentation of technical information.
- Co-ordinate cross functionally to develop project plans that support high level program milestones and company goals.
- Ability to perform and/or apply Finite Element Analysis (FEA) as a tool within the product development process.
- Demonstrate experience working with external suppliers to problem solve and trouble shoot manufacturing challenges through the product development process.
- Lead design reviews with the customer and development partners
- Communicate with the Lead Engineer and Program manager to capture and contain changes or obstacles on the scope, timeline, or budget of projects.
- Pro-active and self-starting that demonstrates initiative and has a dynamic approach to problem solving.
- Mentor others within the team and cross functionally.
- Lead internal and external design reviews for prototype and production designs, models, and drawings.
Essential Qualification and Experience
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience designing and launching complex mechanical components into production
- Fundamental 3D modeling and 2D drawing skills, using CAD
- Experience in APQP process for developing components for serial production
- Experience in GD&T, DFMEA, DVP&R
- Experience using CAE to develop efficient and robust designs
- Demonstrates leadership abilities through previous experience
- Microsoft Office products
Preferable Qualification and Experience
- MS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience designing and launching complex hydromechanical components (hydraulic pumps preferred)
- Fundamental 3D modeling and 2D drawing skills, using Solidworks
- Experience in executing to automotive product development gates, timing and processes
- Experience in DFSS or Six Sigma
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.