ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have a high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs. We are hiring a Test Engineer – Noise & Vibration for testing of vibrations, acoustics, and other aspects of automobile functions.
The Testing Engineer – NVH will conduct work involving the instrumenting and wiring the vehicle with sensors, microphones, other measurement devices as well as Data Acquisition Systems for processing and logging data. The Test Engineer is responsible for drive testing the vehicle under multiple road input conditions, on common everyday road surfaces, specific test tracks, in the garage etc. The candidate could also be required to plan tests, define test surfaces and roads as necessary under the guidance of the Senior Noise & Vibration Engineer.
Test Engineer – NVH Essential Functions
- Conducts wiring and instrumentation of test vehicles with sensors, microphones and other measurement devices.
- Monitors, collects, and analyzes data using Data Acquisition Systems and Matlab.
- Test drive or ride in vehicles under multiple road input conditions, on common everyday road surfaces, specific test tracks, garages and other road conditions to collect and monitor data.
- Conducts various performance tests of ClearMotion’s GenShock product in accordance with test criteria established by policies and procedures or written test plans and maintains accurate records of test results and reports results to the development and testing group.
- Monitor, collect, and analyze data without supervision.
- Use of the Anechoic Chamber for testing of vehicles.
- Use of mechanical tools to remove nuts, bolts, and various things in a vehicle.
- Assist in supporting various departments with NVH support.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Due to collecting data in a moving vehicle, the employee may experience motion sickness. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, pulling, pushing, carrying, reaching, and climbing.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work is expected.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 2 years’ experience in Automotive or similar engineering environment with focus on structural testing
- Proficient with SolidWorks modeling and simulation tools
- Proficient with Matlab and computational techniques
- Must be familiar with different data acquisition
- Experience with sensors and measurement devices, data acquisition systems, measurement software and testing methodologies etc is a must
- An understanding of acceleration and vibrations, sound pressure, structural dynamics is necessary
- Knowledge on structures and vibration for various test
- Candidate must be familiar with frequency spectrum, transfer functions, viewing data in time and frequency domain
- Valid Drivers License.
- Master’s Degree in mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- An understanding of vehicle chassis and suspensions, dampers and damping mechanisms would be an advantage
- Clean driving record.
- Technical Capacity
- Strong Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Willingness to Learn
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!