ClearMotion is launching a groundbreaking new technology for the automotive industry – a high bandwidth active suspension system. We have a high demand for our product from both suppliers and OEMs. We are hiring an integration design engineer to implement ClearMotion’s patented Genshock® digital ride system in new vehicle platforms.
The Integration Design Engineer will work as part of our Applications team to work on the designing of actuators to meet the specifications determined by the original equipment manufacturer and core engineering group.
Integration Design Engineer Essential Functions
- Implement Design for Manufacturing, Design for Assembly, identify fluid paths, leaks, structure, and load paths in order to find packaging space in vehicles.
- Generate concepts and mechanical and hydraulic component design of the company’s core GenShock technology using best practices.
- Prepare detailed drawings of parts and assemblies.
- Use Solidworks, CATIA and Matlab to develop suspension systems in accordance with internal and industry design standards.
- Lead internal and external design reviews for protype and production designs, models, and drawings.
- Troubleshoot bench testing and/or vehicle issues which can occur during development.
Work with project team to establish and maintain relationships at the OEM.
- Gain OEM approval of manufacturing changes or deviations as requested by the manufacturing plant.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers.
- Use of basic machine tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is mainly sedentary but does require standing, walking, bending, carrying, and the use of hand tools.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work is expected.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Fundamental 3D modeling and 2D drawing skills.
- Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Design, and Structures
- Master’s Degree in mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in SolidWorks / Catia
- Experience in GD&T, DFMEA, DVP&R, DFSS, VAVE
- Experience with highly integrated electromechanical systems (power electronics, controls, etc.).
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!