Clearmatics is a blockchain protocol engineering company that builds decentralised financial market infrastructures that are more open, efficient, and resilient than those serving legacy market structures of today.
We have a bold vision for this new market infrastructure - enabling market participants to solve currently unaddressed problems of the real economy, including "missing markets" problems. We aim to achieve our vision through technologies that allow peer-to-peer trading and settlement within new markets, and with digital assets whose values track real-world risk factors that currently have no suitable expression in legacy markets.
No matter the nature of a risk factor, whether macro-economic or climactic, our mission is to make important risk factors tradable; by anyone, anywhere, without reliance on financial intermediaries. We are building this new infrastructure in collaboration with incredible trading and blockchain communities.
Clearmatics was founded in 2015, and we have ever since been committed advocates of Open Source development, and active participants in the blockchain and cryptography research communities. We've been an active participant and supporter of decentralized infrastructure initiatives including Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.
We're looking to hire a Lead Software Engineer to join us and become part of our journey.
Our stack is Ethereum-like, so familiarity with -- and passion for -- the space is key.
Some of the areas we tackle include blockchain infrastructure optimized for financial use-cases, protocols for specific applications (such as smart contract-based derivatives, synthetic assets, cryptocurrency stabilization, ...), scalability and privacy through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets).
As an experienced software engineer, you know what it takes to ship high-quality software in production. You take pride in writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code. And you are an advocate for best practices, continually looking to learn and to improve.
You can thrive in a fast-paced and innovative startup environment, and you aren't deterred by unknowns or unfamiliar concepts. You communicate clearly in writing and in discussions. And you are comfortable with coaching other developers to help them achieve their potential.
- Design, build, and maintain production-grade blockchain software
- Play a central role in team activities and our development processes
- Produce technical specifications and reference documentation
- Contribute to team planning, estimation, and technical roadmapping
- Promote and implement software engineering best practices
- Coach junior developers, lead code reviews and demonstrations
- A Bachelor's in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years experience as a full-time software developer
- Technical leadership experience within an Agile development process
- Proficiency in a systems language like Go, Rust, or C++ (Go preferred)
- A strong background in concurrent and distributed programming on Linux
- Knowledge of blockchain fundamentals such as: consensus, P2P, crypto
- Some experience in blockchain software development (Ethereum preferred)
- Knowledge of core Ethereum APIs, protocols, and technologies (e.g. EVM)
- Experience in DeFi (decentralized finance) or derivatives trading
- Contributions to open source projects and especially in blockchain