Clearing is a digital healthcare platform built to serve the 50M chronic pain sufferers in the United States. In partnership with leading physicians and researchers at Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and the Hospital for Special Surgery, and with significant funding from top-tier investors Bessemer Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Breyer Capital, and a host of leading healthcare and consumer entrepreneurs (including the founders of Hims, Seamless Grubhub, Flatiron Health, Forward Health, Curology and more) we are on a mission to provide patients with access to comprehensive, opioid-free pain relief.
We’re looking for an Engineering leader to join our team. In this role you’ll grow and manage our engineering team as we build and iterate on our platform and internal tools. The right candidate has experience growing and managing teams as well as working cross functionally to drive alignment. This is an exciting opportunity to grow and motivate a team as we solve interesting problems and bring relief to our patients.
What You’ll Do:
- Report directly to Clearing's CEO, managing the engineering team and working with the Lead Architect to help set technical direction for the team
- In addition to managing the team, contribute as needed to Clearing’s back-end (Python Flask), front-end (Vue.js), or DevOps (Google Cloud) infrastructure
- Establish and champion best practices for recruiting top tier technical talent
- Interface with product, growth, and other areas of the business to ensure alignment
- Establish career paths for our engineering team and create opportunities for individuals on the team to nurture their skillsets
- Participate in constructive, collaborative code reviews to ensure the team is aligned and solving problems in concert
- Create and consume internal documentation to keep the team informed
- Help establish best practices for coding, testing, and process to govern our work as the team grows
- Build a culture that encourages the use of technology as an enabler and driver of efficiency throughout the organization
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience leading an engineering team with previous experience working as an engineer
- Evidence of successful collaboration and driving alignment with non-engineering project stakeholders
- Experience building diverse engineering teams
- Evidence of growing past reports as well as understanding of best practices for performance issues with direct reports
- Awareness of HTML5 best practices and front-end toolkits like Bootstrap
- Experience with Python (or willingness to translate existing experience into learning Python) and building in a service-oriented architecture
- Past work experience at a consumer focused company
- Demonstrated success building a team through inclusive interviewing practices
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working on small teams in multiple capacities (front-end/back-end)
- Experience working on regulated products with strict security and access controls (healthcare, fintech, etc.)
At Clearing, we believe that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
Please note: While our team is currently working remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all roles are currently based at our New York City HQ location.