Clearing is a digital healthcare platform built to serve the 50M chronic pain sufferers in the United States. In partnership with leading physicians and researchers at Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and the Hospital for Special Surgery, and with significant funding from top-tier investors Bessemer Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Breyer Capital, and a host of leading healthcare and consumer entrepreneurs (including the founders of Hims, Seamless Grubhub, Flatiron Health, Forward Health, Curology and more) we are on a mission to provide patients with access to comprehensive, opioid-free pain relief.
Our Software Engineers have a hands-on role in building and iterating on our platform and internal tools. In this role you’ll be setting technical direction and championing frontend best practices, working closely with other engineers and with our Product and Growth teams to build features that enhance the experiences of our users and help our network of clinicians operate securely and efficiently. You’ll take cues from our existing technology and identify opportunities for improvement. This is a role for an individual contributor, with the potential for eventual management responsibilities as the organization grows.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to Clearing’s front-end (Vue.js), making recommendations and iterative improvements
- Help estimate the complexity and required timeframes of various technical initiatives in service to other areas of the business
- Participate in constructive, collaborative code reviews to ensure the team is aligned and solving problems in concert
- Create and consume internal documentation to keep the team informed.
- Help establish best practices for coding, testing, and process to govern our work as the team grows
- Use a problem-solving mindset to identify ways the team can operate quickly to deliver the right level of completeness to meet the needs of an early-stage product
- Support a culture that encourages the use of technology as an enabler and driver of efficiency throughout the organization
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience as a member of a software development team
- Deep understanding of frontend engineering best practices
- Experience working on a consumer focused product
- Evidence of successful collaboration with non-engineering project stakeholders
- Humble expert mindset with a growth orientation for everyone on the team, recognizing that no one person can know everything and we can all help each other improve
- Curious technical mindset balanced with ability to operate within constraints
- Experience with Vue.js (or willingness to translate existing experience with Angular or React into learning Vue.js)
- Awareness of HTML5 best practices and front-end toolkits like Bootstrap
- Strong understanding of CSS best practices
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and effectively prioritize
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working on small teams in multiple capacities (front-end/back-end)
- Experience working on regulated products with strict security and access controls (healthcare, fintech, etc.)
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment
At Clearing, we believe that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
Please note: While our team is currently working remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all roles are currently based at our New York City HQ location.